How do you make a money tree
Money tree | Animal Crossing Wiki
in: Pages with non-numeric formatnum arguments, Articles in need of cleanup, Flora,
and 2 moreView source
|This article requires clean-up to meet the quality standards of the Animal Crossing Wiki.|
In Animal Forest, Animal Crossing, Animal Forest e+, and New Horizons, money trees can only be planted by burying money in the daily Shining Spot in the player's town.
- 1 In New Horizons
- 1.1 Profiting
- 2 Money Tree Probability (Pre-New Horizons)
- 3 Dealing with Deforestation
- 4 Gallery
- 5 Trivia
The expected return on investment for any amount of bells buried. If the player buries 10,000 bells, they are guaranteed to get 30,000. This gives a return of 20,000.
In New Horizons, one shining spot appears per day, granting the player both 1,000 Bells and one opportunity to plant a Bell tree.
- If the player plants 100-1000 bells, they will always get a tree with 3x 1000 bells.
- If the player plants 2,000-9,000 bells, there is a 70% chance of 3x 1000 bells and a 30% chance of 3x the amount buried.
- If the player buries 10,000-99,000 bells, there is a 70% chance of 3x 10,000 bells and a 30% chance of 3x the amount buried.
- The game decides this the moment the money is buried in the glowing spot. There is no pattern whatsoever to when you will get the original investment back or the 'capped' investment.
Simulated annual revenue and profit percent for amounts between 10,000 and 99,000 bells, each point averaged over 50 years. Planting more bells will yield greater revenue, but a lower overall profit.
If the player plants 99,000 bells in every glowing spot every day for a year, they will have planted a total of 36,135,000 bells. Statistically, with 30% of the trees being 297,000 bells, and 70% being 30,000 bells, you can theoretically expect to harvest 40,186,500 bells from money trees for a profit of 4,051,500 bells; an 11.21% profit with an average daily profit of 11,100 bells.
If the player plants 10,000 bells in every glowing spot every day they will have planted 3,650,000 bells. They then will have a 100% chance of getting 3x 10,000 bells every tree for a guaranteed harvest of 10,950,000 bells. This is a profit of 7,300,000 bells; a 200% profit with a guaranteed daily profit of 20,000 bells.
Some sources tell players to plant 30,000 bells daily. This ensures that they have zero loss when they only harvest 30,000 bells back from the tree. However, the expected profit from planting 30,000 bells is an 18,000 bell profit per tree. Planting 10,000 bells is always a 20,000 bell profit.
The player should always plant 10,000 bells, for not only a better profit but a more guaranteed one.
Money Tree Probability (Pre-New Horizons)
Because of the 90,000 Bell cap, planting money trees is not long-term profitable no matter how many Bells the player invests into the ground.
The likelihood of a tree blooming is dependent on the amount of Bells buried. The maximum amount of Bells any tree may produce is 90,000, and it will bloom only once, meaning that it is detrimental to bury an amount exceeding 90,000 Bells. Unfortunately, money trees are not statistically profitable. It is more akin to gambling at a casino—if someone plays long enough, they are more likely to lose. This is because despite the money tree's chance to bloom, which varies upon how many Bells are initially buried, the expected return will never exceed the amount invested. If two or more money trees are planted during the same day, only one will bloom, so it is wise to plant money trees on different days.
|Bells buried||Bloom chance||Bells dropped||Expected return||% return|
Given this data, the most advantageous amount to bury would be 30,000 Bells, giving a 30% probability of tripling the player's profits. This is because:
- To minimize the expected loss, it is best to bury an amount between [30,000 to 100,000] because the expected return is 90% of the initial investment. Less, and the reward drops with the probability resulting in a lower expectation; more, and the player is removing the random probability from it (100% chance) and sealing their fate at a return of 90,000 Bells.
- To maximize potential gain, it is best to bury an amount between [1,000 to 30,000] because if the player's gamble is successful, their reward will be triple their investment.
Dealing with Deforestation
The ability to grow trees from money is tremendously useful in dealing with excessive deforestation, possibly caused by the player due to inconvenient tree placement. With 10,000 Bells, over 10 trees can be planted in one day. Although slightly more expensive than purchasing saplings from Leif or Tom Nook's store, it is much quicker.
A Bell tree sapling in Animal Crossing.
Money Tree in City Folk.
A Bell tree in New Leaf
An empty golden spot for bells to be buried in New Horizons.
Nursery sapling money tree in New Horizons.
Nursery sapling tree inside a player's inventory in New Horizons.
- These trees may be based on the expression "money doesn't grow on trees".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.
9 DIY Money Tree Gift Ideas
They say money doesn’t grow on trees, but that doesn’t mean you can’t create a tree out of money. Money trees are a unique way to give money as a gift.
I remember my aunt giving me a money tree as a gift when I was growing up and I loved it. The best part about receiving a money tree as a gift is that you can tell the person giving it actually put some effort into creating it. Also, since the gift is literally just money it means that you get to decide how you want to spend it!
Money trees make excellent gifts for birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, and other events. Plus, they’re way more fun to give (and receive) than just a wad of cash.
In this post I share 9 easy money tree gifts that you can create from scratch.
9 Easy DIY Money Trees to Gift this Year
1. Ribbon and Bills
You’ll have to hunt a little for this money, but it’s worth the work. This small money plant is easy to carry and deliver. Plus, as So Tipical shows you, you can use any ribbon you want to suit the occasion.
One tip to make this gift a home run is to spread out the denominations of the bills. That is, spread out the fives and tens so that the person receiving the gift gets to have some fun taking the tree apart to find out just how much money is in it!
There’s a reason this one is a classic money tree idea because it looks so good. Sunburst Gifts shows you how to make a classic topiary out of dollar bills.
Don’t be surprised if the recipient of this gift is hesitant to pull apart the bills in front of you – it looks so cool that they may just want to keep it as a decoration for a little while!
3. Origami Money Tree
Put your origami skills to some use. Skip to my Lou created this cute money tree for teacher appreciation week.
This is one money tree that teachers are sure to love because it’s clear that it takes a bit of time and effort to make it. The effort is worth it though because the end product just looks so unique and cool.
4. Hanging Money Tree
Giggles Galore offers another great teacher appreciation money tree idea. It’s simple and quick, but no less impactful. For those who aren’t well-versed in origami or are in a crunch for time, this is one of the easier money trees to make because it just involves hanging bills from the branches of a small tree.
One trick for making this money tree gift stand out is to decorate the basket that holds the plant in a unique way. After all, since the tree itself will be a bit sparse, the basket (or whatever container you place it in) will need to look great to pull off this gift.
- How I Saved $26,000 in 7 Months
- 12 Best Ugly Christmas Sweaters this Year
- 9 Christmas Budget Planners to Save Money
5. Christmas Tree Money Tree
While this one is best for a holiday like Christmas, it looks good no matter what the season or the holiday. It’s All Rosie shows you how to make a Christmas tree money tree.
One tip to make sure this money tree turns out well is to use a smaller pot or basket so that the bills fill up the bottom and so that it doesn’t look too sparse.
6. Money Bouquet
While this post is mostly about money trees, it was hard to resist this money bouquet. As Jen Balcer explains, it’s easily customizable for whoever you’re giving the gift to.
On the plus side, this bouquet might be easier to make than some of the other money tree ideas listed above since it just involves wooden sticks and no complex origami or designs.
More Money Tree Ideas…
7. Money Potted Bouquet
This also isn’t a tree, but it’s too cute to pass up. Fun Squared shows you how to make this money bouquet of flowers that are good for any season.
One tip to make this bouquet look its best is to fill the bucket or pot you place it in with confetti or some other fun-colored filler.
8. Sports/School Themed Money Tree
This money tree is a perfect graduation gift or a gift for your favorite sports super-fan. Plays with Needles shows you how it’s done.
The key to making this money tree gift idea a true hit is to place emphasis on the design of the pot that it’s placed in. A sticker of a sports mascot or a little phrase on the side of the pot can turn this money tree gift into a real hit.
9. Simple Wedding Money Tree
Shari’s Berries offers up this simple wedding money tree design. It’s quick and easy, yet elegant enough for any affair.
Maybe a tree isn’t your style, if not, consider origami money. There are butterflies, flowers, and hearts. You can find them all on Etsy.
Simple Tips to Make Money Trees the Best Gifts Possible
No matter which money tree gift idea you like best, here are a few tips that you can use with any of the trees to make them the best gifts possible:
- Spread out the different denominations of bills to make it more challenging for the recipient of the tree to find each of the bills and add them all up.
- Create a unique design for the basket, bowl, or pot that you place the money tree in. After all, half of the gift is the container itself, so by making it unique and custom-tailored to the person you’re giving it to you can make the gift truly unique and heartfelt.
- Personalize the gift by using their name. Consider designating it for a particular savings goal such as new car savings fund.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure that your money tree is the best gift possible.
Bonus: If you’re looking for even more money tree gift ideas, check out this Pinterest Board by Mary Howard that has over 75 unique ideas.Have you ever made a money tree?
- 11 Cash Envelopes for the Dave Ramsey System
- 11 Starbucks Hacks for Saving Money
- 13 Best Board Games for Gift Giving
- Latest Posts
Erika is a freelance writer with big money goals. She writes about printables, Etsy tips, and lifestyle topics for Millennial Boss.
Latest posts by Erika Towne (see all)
- Best Valentine’s Day Gifts for Kids on Etsy - January 4, 2022
- Review of the Best Printables Courses Going Into 2022 - January 2, 2022
- Free Christmas Clip Art, Holiday Clipart, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah - December 16, 2021
DIY beaded money tree, master class, photo
I'm here: home ›
› Bead money tree
They say that in order to call wealth into the house, one must certainly put a money tree. It, like a magnet, attracts material wealth, and its owner usually bathes in luxury...
True or not, but a long time ago, the Chinese sages assured: if you bring a money tree with coins on the branches into the house and shake it well, then the money will pour into the house with heavy rain. Let's check the truth of this beautiful legend and make a beaded money tree with our own hands. I have prepared an interesting master class for you.
You will need:
- Thin copper wire - for twigs and leaves.
- Coins (choose the same and not very heavy).
- Thick aluminum wire - for the barrel.
- Beads (I used Czech in various shades of green).
- Insulating or floral tape.
- Finishing plaster.
- Large and small brushes.
- Gold acrylic paint, glitter.
- Double sided tape.
To put our tree in a pot and skillfully decorate it, prepare:
- Glue gun.
- Glitter glue.
- Acrylic paint.
Get down to business!
Mix all the beads in one vessel. May your future tree shine with emeralds.
Now string about 20 cm of beads on the copper wire. Do not cut the wire from the coil!
Time to make the first branch. After separating 12 beads, make a loop, fix 2-3 turns around the axis.
Without stepping back from the first loop, do the next. To make the branch lush, you need 7-8 such loops.
Did? Well done! You've got a real bud. Now fix it by twisting the wire for 15-20 turns. According to this principle, weave about 60 such buds-twigs.
But what is a money tree without coins? For them, we will make separate 15 branches.
To begin with, make a twig with a loop at the tip from copper wire. Then use a glue gun to attach the coin to the loop.
Connect small twigs into bunches - four buds of beads around a twig with a coin. Twist the wire at the bottom of the bundle and secure with floral tape. You should get 15 large branches.
Now, using thick copper wire and floral tape, connect three twigs. These will be the main branches for the crown of the money tree.
Paint the branches with gold acrylic paint.
Finally! We collect the tree.
Measure three identical pieces of aluminum wire, twist together. Leave the ends free. To make the tree stand better, spread the ends of the wire from below in different directions. At the upper ends of the twisted wire, use double-sided tape to fix the finished branches.
Secure with floral tape. Wrap more tape around the trunk, making the tree thicker.
Decorate the pot with acrylic paints and glitter glue.
When the paint dries, put the money tree in a pot, secure with plasticine.
Using finishing plaster, use a stick to form a trunk. Fill the pot with the rest of the mixture. Let dry.
Cover the trunk with gold paint, sprinkle with sparkles.
Hooray! The money tree is ready. It remains only to straighten the crown and wait for insane financial success, which, together with the rustle of coins on the crown of the tree, will burst into your house with an unrestrained wind.
Tags: Master class DIY jewelry
Noticed a spelling mistake? Select it with the mouse and press Ctrl+Enter
July mushroom. Picture from solo...
Drawing wolf cubs
How to draw Luntik
Useful thread products
Let's draw a toad
Gift bag for boys. ..
photos, caring for a fat woman at home in 2022
In any interior there is a place for an elegant flower - crassula (Crassula Ovata), or as it is also called the "money tree". This is not just a flower, according to the teachings of Feng Shui, it is an effective magnet for attracting material wealth. The leaves of the money tree represent the coins, and the trunk of the tree represents the budget. The thicker the tree trunk and the more branches and leaves on it, the more money in the house.
Photo source: http://photoogorod.ru/
There is an ancient Chinese legend about a money tree, whose branches were made of coins and gold . Shake the tree and gold coins fall off of it. The rain of gold coins is one of the most favorite themes in Chinese art and among Feng Shui lovers who are confident in the power of ancient symbols.
How the money tree works: where to put it
According to Feng Shui, any living plants are a generator of positive energy. The money tree is the main money talisman that activates the energy of money in the wealth sector. Put a money tree in southeast premises, that is where the center of wealth is located. The money tree will attract positive energy, bring good luck in finances. You can hang red ribbon , on the tree trunk, it will help to achieve the desired result.
The key to the "effective work" of the money tree is the overall cleanliness in the activated sector. This talisman will also improve the overall energy of the house.
Photo source: http://boralginmages.appspot.com/
Remember to communicate with your tree, consult with it, talk about your problems, but do not complain, and always give thanks for everything you receive. Try not to enter the room until you get rid of negative emotions, the money tree is very sensitive to this kind of energy.
According to Feng Shui, just planting a flowerpot is not enough. If you are seriously interested in Feng Shui, then you need to take into account all the requirements of the ancient Chinese teachings: planting a tree at the right time and in the right place (season, location, energy at home, zodiac signs of all family members, etc.). In this case, it is better to turn to professional Feng Shui masters.
Photo source: http://hor.passion.ru
How to choose and transplant the "money tree" according to Feng Shui
Feng Shui masters are advised to discreetly "steal" part of the tree from acquaintances or friends. Anonymity, in their opinion, is a prerequisite for a further increase in the family budget. Before planting, such a cutting must be dried for several days and, only then, transplanted into the ground mixed with sand and fertilizers.
Photo source: http://lessen.ru/
To save a plant from the energy of a stranger, it must be placed in sea water for 72 hours.
When buying a flower, carefully evaluate its appearance. The plant has leaves of a delicate green color for up to three months, the trunk of the tree is not yet covered with a white thin scale. The plant, which is six months old, has dark green leaves, a developed crown and a trunk covered with a thin white film. The trunk of "adult" specimens can reach 8-10 cm in diameter, the total height of the tree reaches 1 m. In a healthy, well-growing plant, the leaves are round, fleshy, dark green with a small white dot, a thin reddish border should be present at the edges. There should be no flaws or damage on the leaves or on the trunk.
Photo source: http://www.livemaster.ru
How to take care of the money tree at home
Take care of the tree with great care. Only healthy plants radiate positive energy. You need to water 2 times a week with water with nutrients. Water for irrigation should be warm, about 5 ° C above room temperature. Watering, in the warm season, is best done in the evening. In winter, it is better to water in the morning, once every two weeks.
The money tree is very fond of sunlight, but do not overdo it, the tree will not want to live under the scorching summer sun. The red border appears only when the plant receives enough light. If there is too much light, the leaves darken. Change the earth every six months, while adding a little ash or charcoal. The drainage layer should not exceed 4 cm. The soil mixture should contain 20-30% fine gravel. In the warm season, take the tree for a “walk” on the balcony, putting it back, slightly move the pot to the side. Rub the leaves of the money tree once a month with a damp cloth. If the money tree has withered or died, it is better to replace it with a new one.
Photo source: http://samodel-ka.ru
Money tree from coins in the interior
Crassula looks great in wide composite pots, in micro-landscapes with small cover or rosette succulents, surrounded by stones and other decorative elements.